–JW
Friday, November 20, 2009
Read All About It: Jewelley Gets Published in Print. . . I mean ONLY in Print. . .
As of current (11:52 AM on Friday), my lovely friends at The Hilltop Monitor have yet to get their latest issue online. Thus, the republishing of the story that was written featuring an interview from yours truly cannot be featured yet on my blog. This is just another reason that print media's relevance is falling like Gary Busey "flying" from a 12th story apartment building, and The Monitor's relevance is falling with him. By remaining traditionally published The Monitor is treating Online Publishing like the red-headed, leper step-child of the publishing family, which cannot continue forever. Keep checking back and I'll have it online as soon as its available. Until then, enjoy my photographic creation:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Just to let you know, many members of the Monitor staff want to go online and get a new website. A few of us have made the suggestion to some of the higher-ups only to be brushed aside. The inevitable excuse is cost (as always). The fact that the Monitor lacks a decent web site is not due to lack of effort on the part of the staff. We want one.
ReplyDeleteJewelly,
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. I've taken personal action: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=200097307812&id=1481125806&ref=mf
Anonymous: Thanks for the information!
ReplyDeleteJesus: Thanks so much for posting the story on your Facebook! It's been republished in the post above
Jewelly,
ReplyDeletePlease do not bash the students who currently write The Hilltop Monitor as far as the online content goes. The online site has always been maintained and financed by a single person.
I am a former member of The Hilltop Monitor, having graduated many years ago. I challenged the Monitor and said that "it sucked". They challenged me to come and make a positive difference in the paper. To their shock, I did.
I am unaware of the current situation of the staff. If they have wanted to make changes to the website they have never indicated this to me. As I left The Hilltop Monitor my senior year I told them that I would continue to fund their technological side as long as I could.
I know you may just be one of those people who thinks it should "just work" and that it can't be that hard to publish a document to a website. The truth is quite different.
I don't feel it is necessary to elaborate on your blog post, but if any person wishes to discuss this with me further they are more than welcome to. I will leave my contact information below.
-Dan Nahmensen
hedgy13@hotmail.com